About Our Specialists
An Occupational Physician is a highly trained medical specialist in the field of Occupational Medicine. These specialists provide services relating to employment and workplace illness and/or injury.
All of OSHGroup's Occupational Physicians are WorkCover WA Approved Medical Specialists (AMS) and are available to complete a range of services including but not limited to Medico-legal consulting, Independent Medical Examinations, Fitness for Work assessments and AMS Permanent Impairment assessments.
A psychiatrist is a medical practitioner specialising in the field of mental haelth, specifically diagnosing and treating patients with mental illness. OSHGroup's psychiatrists have extensive experience in their chosen field, as well as a unique understanding of how mental health and mental illness impacts on an individual's employment.
OSHGroup is pleased to offer WorkCover WA Approved Medical Specialists in the field of psychiatry.
Clinical neuropsychologists specialise in the assessment, diagnosis and treatment of psychological disorders associated with conditions affecting the brain and its function. An assessment with a neuropsychologist is a sensitive tool used in the diagnosis of cognitive impairment which may not be picked up during other screening assessments.
Our services are designed to improve and maintain OHS outcomes and reduce the impact of injury and ill health on the workpalce to benefit all stakeholders.
Out team of Medical Specialists are Expert Witnesses in their respective specialities. They bring together considerable industry experience and legal expertise to provide objective, evidence-based Independent Medical Evaluations and advice across the entire range of body systems.
Our team of specialists are leaders in their field with more than 20 years of industry experience.
Our Independent Medical Examinations (IMEs) are provided for a range of purposes, including:
- Workers Compensation and Motor Vehicle Accident Claims
- Legal Matters, including Public Liability
- Income Protection and Life Insurance Claims and TPD
- Department of Veterans' Affairs
- Fitness for Duty/Section 36 Assessments
- Permanent Impairment Assessments
- Assessment of Work Capacity
OSHGroup IMEs consist of:
- Comprehensive medical interview including but not limited to history, progress, current symptoms, current treatments and activity level, past history (medical, social and occupational)
- Review of medical investigations and other documentation
- Physical examination of the injured area and assessment of general health
OSHGroup Independent Medical Reports are comprehensive and provide:
- Supplied questions answered in full
- Clear diagnosis with prognosis and aetiology
- Clearly defined functional or work capacity, compatible with the diagnosis
- An explanation of any evidence of inconsistency
- A permanent impairment and/or disability assessment, with appropriate reference to AMA Guides, where requested
- Conclusions and views that are not outside the speciality area of the Medico-legal Consultant.
Our team of specialists consult at OSHGroup's locations in the Perth metropolitan area, as well as at selected regional locations throughout Western Australia on a regular basis including (but not limited to):
- Port Hedland
Please do not hesitate to contact our office to discuss how we can assist you on +61 8 6298 8400.